Saturday, July 16, 2011

Have You Seen This Wizard?


Today marks the end of a generation and a happy closing to a fantastic time of my childhood. The movie was beyond excellent. Where it was appropriate, I cheered,  when my heart ached, I cried. It was a fantastically bittersweet ending to the movies I have for so long anticipated and enjoyed.

 When I was 8 years old, I happened across a book at my elementary's school book fair. I disregarded the books on Princesses and American girls and instead, chose a paperback copy with a picture of a boy flying on broomstick as the front cover. Little did I know that this inconspicuous book would one day be the phenomenon it is. Throughout my childhood I read and re-read Harry Potter. I was there during Harry's first quidditch match, when he gauged Tom Riddle's diary with a basilisk fang, when he traveled back in time to save his godfather,when he became the tri-wizard champion, when he trusted no one, when the wizarding world around him seemed to be falling part, and in the end Harry, I was there as Voldemort was defeated. To the world of magic that was created for both the old and the young, I thank you Harry Potter. Here, is to a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment