Saturday, May 26, 2012

Yard Sailing: Week 1

What do I love more than trips to the thrift store? A lot of things actually. My family, Disneyland, currently One Direction...excuse me as I get distracted. The answer to the initial question is YARD SALES. The yard sales are so beloved in my family that we have actually coined our own verb for our weekly outings- "yard sailing". We are pretty legitimate. I mean, in what alternate universe would I ever wake up on a Saturday morning at a quarter to 8 for anything other than a yard sale? I would if it meant I would get to meet One Direction...but again, I digress...

This week's edition are finds found in the good old city of Payson, Utah. I could not believe the amazing items I found. Forget high-end Orem yard sales with their, "I'll sell that jacket that I bought at DI to you for $15 dollars because even though I spent probably $3 bucks on it, the fact that I at one time purchased and owned the jacket makes the value triple in rate." Ya....no, thanks. Payson sales know deals. I mean you have yard sales to clear out crap, therefore saving you the back breaking effort of loading all the said crap you didn't sale into the back of your truck to haul to DI. For all the amazing stuff I found I didn't spend more than $10 dollars. Thank you Payson, and thank you Grandma for being willing to barter down prices because I am too pathetically shy to do it myself. 



1. pair of 1940's daniel green red wedges 2. vintage embroidered clock (it works!) 3. adorable vintage squirrel cookie jar 4. vintage christmas ornaments 5. 1930's double wedding ring quilt 6. vintage ceramic mustache mug 7. 1950's french lady lamp (i can't even you guys...I think I legitimately drooled) 8. vintage dick and jane novel (I am a huge sucker for cute illustrations) 9. 1930's wall calendar graphic framed (there is a story written on the back. apparantly this hung in a poultry farm and the woman who penned the story saved the print from rain leakage) 10. vintage ceramic fawn (i might be a tad obsessed with woodland animals) 11. 1960's embroidered clutch


I am currently having the funnest of fun times decorating my room with some of these items. Items that will not be added to my room will be sold on my Etsy shop-NerdyBirdyVintage. Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment