Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I Made A Teen Titan...


costume: thrifted and made by me (i just feel so happy saying that)

Funny fact: When my family fandoms, we legitimately FANDOM. My little sisters had a fandom over the Jonas Brothers that you would not believe. The Hunger Games was in everyday conversation in our family since it was published. We have met David Archuleta twice and have been to over 5 of his concerts. One Direction decorates my thoughts and dreams and are quickly overwhelming my life with the general British/Irish hotness. So, when my brother came home with a yellow sheet, green tights, and a red shirt from Savers it came as no surprise to me that he wanted to dress up for the new Batman movie. ( I now realize this post is debuting 3 months later, but for the DVD release, you know?)

I don't quite know why he chose Teen Titan Robin as a character to dress up as...? But what I did know was that he gave me 1 hour to make him the costume. I cut up the yellow sheet and red shirt, sewed on the embellishments, created the gloves out of extra fabric and made sure that he wore something on top of the green tights (you're welcome Utah Valley). But it didn't stop there. He wanted a mask. So I grabbed out the Halloween make up and painted him a mask. I gelled up his hair and VOILA- Teen Titan Robin.

We Hamilton children have no shame.



1 comment: