Monday, February 6, 2012

Zumba!

My dear dear friend Julia texted me a while back and asked me if I would like to embarrass myself by trying to shake my hips and keep to the beat of fast paced music. In other words, Zumba. Naturally, I had to think on this decision for a moment. And to myself, I thought, "it's beginning Zumba, how hard can it be? everyone will struggle to look good shaking their hips along with me, right?" With that conclusion I naturally said that I would be happy to sign up with her. The following basically sums up my first Zumba class experience:


And, yes, I am pretty much sure that that the bottom photo is exactly what we both looked like. I would know because they not only force you to make a fool of yourself, but make you WATCH yourself making a fool of yourself in a mirror. To put it bluntly I looked like an absolute doofus. AND IT WAS A BLAST. I can't wait for Wednesday when I can make a complete fool of myself all over again!

oh and p.s.
i was wrong. apparently a lot of older women know how to shake their hips and keep to the beat to fast paced music.

1 comment:

  1. oh i LOVE zumba!!!! :) glad you had fun and were introduced to the wonderful world of zumba!

    ReplyDelete