Thursday, March 29, 2012

and it was...AMAZING.

My fellow friends and bloggers. 

As you may know, I have been awaiting the premier of the Hunger Games for quite some time. I have been fangirling like it's nobody business. And when the night of the 23rd arrived I was hardly able to contain my excitement. 

In order to properly celebrate the release of this epic film, I knew that I had to dress up. And dress up I did. Oh...we were legit...

Hannah, my little sister's best friend, accompanied me and Emily to the thrift store in attempt to find a "capitol" outfit. Emily found an amazing outfit for Katniss in the arena, and Hannah, well, you'll just have to check out the pictures to see.

I picked out an outfit for Sarah, braided her hair, and *BAM* she became Prim. I had Hannah curl her hair, then I put it up, spray painted it pink, and went hard to work on her makeup and *BAZINGA* we have Effie Trinket. Emily borrowed my boots and pants and surprisingly let me braid her hair. Complete with a bow and arrow *WHAM* Emily became Katniss in the arena. Sarah remembered I had the perfect dress to match Katniss's reaping outfit. I threw it on, quickly put my hair up in a braided ca-bobble and *WHOA* I was Katniss at the reaping. 







You guys, the movie was perfection. I rarely enjoy books being converted to movies, but I was not disappointed in the slightest. Sure, there were some things that I thought were missing (more PEETA!), and things that they could have done right (the giving of the Mockingjay pin), but in all sincerity, I.LOVED.THIS.MOVIE. And I will hear no crap from anyone on Peeta, a.k.a, Josh Hutcherson. His incredibly attractive jawline astounds me. I love him.

So..to all my fellow Hunger Game fans...

May the Odds be Ever in your Favor!




1 comment:

  1. Those are totally sweet! You seriously have a talent for that! Next time I need a costume, I'm coming to you sista!

    ReplyDelete