Saturday, November 19, 2011

Craft Night- Cozy Christmas Garland

I'm pretty sure that I promised that I would post pictures of the garland I put together during craft night a couple of ages back...so, without further adieu...I present the Cozy Christmas Garland!






My Aunt Lisa bought the darling paper houses for me on sale at JoAnn's. They are meant to be wallpaper stick-ons, but I had to use them for something else. I got the glue, rick-rack and glitter out and went to town. For the snow effect on the rooftops of the house I simply drew a line of glue and then dipped in glitter. With a little red rick-rack added it gave the house a more holiday feel. I created the banners with regular patterned cardstock. All you need to do is cut out a thin rectangle and then cut a small triangle shape at the bottom. Line the sides and tips of the banner with glue and dip in glitter. I sewed the pom-poms onto the banner with fishing wire and then placed a pinwheel over the top. To create the actual garland, I adhered the pieces to a piece of ribbon, and there you have it, a cozy Christmas garland!

No comments:

Post a Comment