Sunday, November 13, 2011

DIY: Silhouettes

 1. Select a cute oval shaped frame. The oval shape creates a classic vintage look. I picked these two frames up for a dollar a piece at the local thrift store.


 2. Either stick with the style of the frames, or select a new color. Since the original colors of the frame didn't match my color scheme, I spray painted them with spray paint. I painted the frames outside to be sure that the paint didn't get anywhere it shouldn't.


3. For the actual silhouettes, I browsed the web for pictures of profiles. After finding a profile, print it out and trace it with tracing paper. Tape the piece of tracing paper to black card stock. Take a small pair of scissors and cut out the shape of the profile. After you are finished cutting, take the tracing paper off.



4. Voila! You now have a custom silhouette! I placed a vintage piece of wallpaper in the background to set off the silhouette. It's fun, simple and a adorable project to display on your wall!

1 comment: