Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Trip Home

I cannot imagine a world without a Disneyland. Seriously, what did kids DO before the entire Disney empire came to be? Since I was a tiny little three year old, I have been obsessed with Disney. It all started out with the movie, The Little Mermaid and my first trip to Disneyland. Since the good 'ole age of three, I have been to Disneyland well over thirty times ( I don't mean to brag...oh what the heck..of course I do!) It is my home away from home, a place where I can step into the imagination of the brilliant Walt Disney, and the world where anything is possible if you can dream it. Yep, I'm a Disney freak and I am proud to be one. 

So, when I heard tale that my family was planning a trip, I had to hop on board, an annual passport was calling my name.  We packed our bags and headed for home, er, I mean Disneyland. I had one goal, and one goal only. I am madly in love with, to the point of freakishness, in love with the movie Tangled. I don't know if it is the amazing storyline, the fantastic music, gorgeous animation, or the incredibly charming (*please also insert the word, HOT) character of Flynn Rider. Long story short, I was going to meet them. Make it happen cap'n.

First hour at Disneyland I stood in line to meet Rapunzel and Flynn. It was Mickey's Halloween Party that night and everyone was dressed up. The couple standing in front of me were jaw droppingly amazing. Just look at the photos, would you just look at them!:



GeeEEZZzz...look at that hair! I honestly just stood and stared open mouthed at this girls wig for approximately the entire time I was in line...so about 68 minutes. When it came time to meet Rapunzel and Flynn, my heart sank a few inches when I realized that the little twit "Flynn" was escaping some palace guards and was detained for the moment. Good grief. *Sigh* Rapunzel was a sweetheart, and here is an added bonus, she loves people from Utah! 

It was three days of bliss. PLUS, Califonia Adventures added The Little Mermaid, the RIDE (epic fanfare in the background). I want the workers costumes in my own wardrobe. And the ride? As fantastic as I had hoped it to be. 





























The entire trip was amazing. From the intense pumpkin carvings, to the 3D glasses on Midway Mania, to free (yes, holy smokes it's astounding something is free at Disneyland) face painting/arm painting, to meeting Rapunzel, it was all amazing (as usual). I can't wait to go back. December, maybe? Who is with me?

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting the pictures you did. Ha ha people are going to think I'm special or something. :)

    ReplyDelete